What is Homeopathy - Homeopathy Explained
I get asked this question all the time from 'What is Homeopathy?', 'Does homeopathy Work?', 'What does a homeopath do?', ' What is a homeopathic consultation like?' and so on and so well let me explain.
Homeopathy is a holistic medicine, treating the whole person not just the symptoms of disease. It is a safe, effective, non-invasive and gentle form of treatment.
Homeopathy uses naturally occurring substances in the form of remedies which come from plants, minerals and the animal kingdom. For example we have remedies made from nettles, granite and even snake venom.
Remedies are made in a homeopathic pharmacy where substances go through serial dilution which means they interact in a very gentle way with the body.
There are no side effects from using homeopathy. Remedies do not interfere with medications. Remedies are extremely dilute which makes them very safe yet at the same time they are sufficiently strong to stimulate the bodies natural healing abilities. Homeopathy is totally Complimentary and Natural.
How long does treatment take?
Complaints can be acute or chronic and it depends on how long the patient is suffering with the presenting symptoms. It also depends on the patients response to the remedies.
What attracts people to Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is appealing to people who prefer a natural approach to health. Homeopathic remedies are safe to take with no side effects and can be taken at the same time as other prescribed medication. Homeopathy is also cost effective, not tested on animals and eco-friendly.
Homeopathy is effective in treating physical, mental and emotional complaints including;
- Childhood illnesses teething, recurrent infections, behavioural difficulties.
- Skin conditions eczema, psoriasis, allergic reactions.
- Pregnancy childbirth, breastfeeding, post-natal depression.
- Period pains pre-menstrual tension, perimenopause, menopause.
- Infertility erectile dysfunction.
- Respiratory complaints asthma, coughs.
- Gastric upsets stomach ulcers, indigestion.
- Constipation diarrhoea.
- Depression anxiety, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts.
- Shock post traumatic disorder
(This is only a sample of complaints, homeopathy can treat many more)
How Does Homeopathy Work?
Homeopathy stimulates the bodys ability to fight infection and
susceptibility to disease. It strengthens the immune system and
over-all wellbeing. It is a completely natural way to get and stay
- All Ages - Homeopathy is suitable for all ages including newborn babies, breastfeeding, children through to adulthood.
- Complimentary - Remedies can be taken alongside medication and in conjunction with chemotherapy, radiotherapy, in pregnancy etc.
- Patient Involvement - The homeopath will ask questions about the presenting complaint and also about general health and lifestyle.
- First Aid - Homeopthy is safe and effective when used at home or in the work place to treat bruises, minor burns and sprains, insect bites and gastric upsets.
- Cost Effective - Homeopathic remedies are much cheaper than conventional medicines.
Please feel free to see what homeopathy can offer you and if you would like a consultation please Contact Michelle.